Connect Tally Street to Salesforce
Connecting Tally Street to Salesforce takes just seconds. You must be a System Administrator or have a role in Salesforce that includes permission to install AppExchange packages.
- Log into Tally Street or create a new account
- New subscribers will need to connect Tally Street to their accounting software first, or there won’t be anything to send to Salesforce!
- Click to install the managed package for the Tally Street Salesforce prerelease.
- In your Tally Street dashboard, select Connected Platforms in the left menu
- Click Connect on the Salesforce card and after successfully authenticating and allowing access, you will return to the Tally Street dashboard.
- Customer data will start syncing to Salesforce
Information Sent to Salesforce
First, Tally Street tries to match the customer record in the accounting system to the Account object in Salesforce. To maximize the number of matches, it’s recommended that:
- The primary contact for the customer in the accounting system and/or on the sales invoice or receipt also be a contact in Salesforce, assigned to an account, and with the same email address in both platforms.
- If there isn’t a match on the contact’s email, matches will be tried using the internet domain (eg, abc-inc.com) pulled from the contact’s email or the website. Most Salesforce account profiles already include the domain, but it may need to be added to the account platform.
- If #1 and #2 don’t result in a match, then a match will be attempted based on the Company Name. Therefore, the customer would ideally have the same company name in both Salesforce and your accounting software.
Note: If you already share a customer ID between your accounting system and Salesforce as part of another integration, the same customer IDs might be used again. Please contact Tally Street support for more information.
When (and only when) a successful match is found, the following new fields are added to the Account object and automatically filled by Tally Street.
|Customer Segment (Tally St)||Customer segment determined based on purchasing and payment history (see article)|
|LTV (Tally St)||The customer’s lifetime value is sum of all sales made to the customer|
|Number of Transactions (Tally St)||The total number of sales invoices and receipts|
|Total Sales YTD (Tally St)||Total sales for the year to date|
|Total Sales Last Year (Tally St)||Total sales for last year|
|Total Sales 2 Years Ago (Tally St)||Total sales for two years ago|
|Sales Rank (Tally St)||Sales rank over the trailing 12 months|
|First Sale (Tally St)||Date of the first sale recorded in accounting|
|Months Since First Sale (Tally St)||Months since the first sale|
|Most Recent Sale (Tally St)||Date of the most recent sale recorded in accounting|
|Months Since Recent Sale (Tally St)||Months since the most recent sale|
|Outstanding Balance (Tally St)||Total invoice amount outstanding, or to be paid|
|Overdue Balance (Tally St)||Total amount that is overdue or late|
|Payment Term (Tally St)||Average payment term, eg, net-30|
|Avg Days to Pay (Tally St)||Average number of days it takes for the customer to submit payment (see Tally DSO)|
|# On-time Payments (Tally St)||Number of times payments were made on or before the due date|
|# Late Payments (Tally St)||Number of times payments we made after the due date|
|Most Recent Sync (Tally St)||The date of the most recent sync from Tally St|
|Accounting Customer ID (Tally St)||The unique customer ID used in the connected accounting system|
Using Tally Street in Salesforce
New Account Page Layout Section
The Tally Street app automatically creates a new section on the account page and presents the new fields being sent to Salesforce. Each field includes a mouseover that explains the contents of the field. Just as with other Salesforce objects, you can customize the objects and fields to fit your exact needs.
Dashboards And Reports
The dashboard and reporting options are almost limitless. The new account fields can be combined with other account, contact, opportunity, etc. properties to produce very rich analyses both inside and outside of Salesforce.
Here’s an example of a customer insights dashboard with year to date sales for each customer segment and a list of customers flagged as possible churn risks.
Smarter Account List Views
The new account fields can be used to enhance existing lists and create new ones. Here’s an example of an account list, sorted by actual, booked year-to-date sales, that includes the account’s customer segment, lifetime value, outstanding balance and their average days to pay on invoices.
Customize Page Layouts
Use Salesforce’s standard tool to add the new Tally Street fields to your customized page layouts. The new fields all have “Tally St” in the default label for easy filtering and searching.
Removing Tally Street from Salesforce
You can remove Tally Street, including all its components and all data in the package. Also, any custom fields, links, or anything else you added to the custom app after installation are also removed.
- From Setup, enter Installed Packages in the Quick Find box, then select Installed Packages.
- Click Uninstall next to the package that you want to remove.
- Select Yes, I want to uninstall and click Uninstall.