Connect Tally Street to HubSpot
Connecting Tally Street to HubSpot takes just seconds. You must be a Super Admin or have a role in HubSpot that includes access to the App Marketplace.
- Log into Tally Street or create a new account
- New subscribers will need to connect Tally Street to their accounting software first, or there won’t be anything to send to HubSpot!
- Select Connected Platform in the left menu
- Click Connect on the card for HubSpot and you’ll be guided through the integration process
- After successfully authenticating and granting access, customer data and insights generated by Tally Street will automatically be sent to HubSpot.
Properties Sent to HubSpot
First, Tally Street matches the customer record in the accounting system to the record in HubSpot. To maximize the number of matches, it’s recommended that:
- The primary contact for the customer in the accounting system and/or on the sales invoice or receipt should also be a contact in HubSpot, assigned to a company, and with the same email address in both platforms.
- If there isn’t a match on the contact’s email, matches will be tried using the internet domain (eg, abc-inc.com) pulled from the contact’s email or the website. Most HubSpot company profiles already include the domain, but it may need to be added to the account platform.
- If #1 and #2 don’t result in a match, then a match will be attempted based on the Company Name. Therefore, the customer would ideally have the same company name in both HubSpot and your accounting software.
When (and only when) a successful match is found, the following Company properties are created and passed from Tally Street into HubSpot.
|Customer Segment (Tally St)||Customer segment determined based on purchasing and payment history (see article)|
|LTV (Tally St)||The customer’s lifetime value is sum of all sales made to the customer|
|Number of Transactions (Tally St)||The total number of sales invoices and receipts|
|Total Sales YTD (Tally St)||Total sales for the year to date|
|Total Sales Last Year (Tally St)||Total sales for last year|
|Total Sales 2 Years Ago (Tally St)||Total sales for two years ago|
|Sales Rank (Tally St)||Sales rank over the trailing 12 months|
|First Sale (Tally St)||Date of the first sale recorded in accounting|
|Months Since First Sale (Tally St)||Months since the first sale|
|Most Recent Sale (Tally St)||Date of the most recent sale recorded in accounting|
|Months Since Recent Sale (Tally St)||Months since the most recent sale|
|Outstanding Balance (Tally St)||Total invoice amount outstanding, or to be paid|
|Overdue Balance (Tally St)||Total amount that is overdue or late|
|Payment Term (Tally St)||Average payment term, eg, net-30|
|Avg Days to Pay (Tally St)||Average number of days it takes for the customer to submit payment (see Tally DSO)|
|# On-time Payments (Tally St)||Number of times payments were made on or before the due date|
|# Late Payments (Tally St)||Number of times payments we made after the due date|
|Most Recent Sync (Tally St)||The date of the most recent sync from Tally St|
|Accounting Customer ID (Tally St)||The unique customer ID used in the connected accounting system|
Things to Try in HubSpot
Dashboards and Reports
The dashboard and reporting options are almost limitless. The new company properties can be combined with other company, contact, deal, etc. properties to produce very rich analyses both inside and outside of HubSpot.
The following examples include a customer insights dashboard with year to date sales for each customer segment and a list of customers flagged as possible churn risks.
Or quickly analyze and report on customers with the most sales this year, their lifetime value, amounts they owe, and more.
New Active Lists
The new company properties can be used to enhance existing lists and create new ones.
- Create an active list of Champion customers (see article) and reward them for their loyalty.
- Create an active list of potential churn risks by targeting customers with the segment Don’t Lose Them or Give Attention.
- Nurture potentially Good or Champion customers by building an active list of Promising customers who haven’t purchased in over two months.
Trigger New Workflows
The values of the new company properties, and changes in those values, can be used to trigger workflows.
- When the Months Since Recent Sale crosses some threshold (eg, 6 months), create a notification in HubSpot for the Company owner to follow-up.
- Use the the same Months Since Recent Sale (or other company values) to trigger another workflow that enrolls the customer in an engagement or nurturing campaign.
In a similar way to triggering new workflows, the new company properties can be used to send surveys.
In the following example, customers with the segment of Don’t Lose Them, Give Attention, or Hibernating are sent a survey asking about their experience and what could have been done better.
Uninstall Tally Street from HubSpot
To uninstall the Tally Street from HubSpot: (1) log into HubSpot, (2) go to your settings, scroll down to Integrations, and view your Connected Apps, (3) select More next to Tally Street and Uninstall.
You’ll then have an opportunity to reconnect Tally Street to HubSpot.